Request for Proposal: consultant for capacity development programme on SOGISC
الجرافيك LGBTQ+ flag
The APF is seeking a consultant for a capacity development programme on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Sex Characteristics (SOGISC).
One of the main functions of the APF is to support NHRIs to be stronger and more effective institutions in the region through capacity development programmes. To do this, the APF develops training packages and resource materials that are readily available to our members. To support this, we conduct blended learning activities and support NHRI collaboration through our online learning and collaboration space, the APF Community.
The APF is therefore looking to develop a capacity development programme on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Sex Characteristics (SOGISC) for National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) which will include the creation of a self-facilitated and facilitated training course (to be delivered towards the end of 2021), development of case studies, tools and guidance notes to support the learning content in the course and a facilitation of an accompanying Community of Practice for participants to learn and collaborate with one another.
Scope of engagement
The contracted consultant, in close collaboration with the APF secretariat, will work to design, produce, and deliver an overarching capacity development programme for NHRIs to promote and protect human rights in relation to SOGISC. The programme will need to be developed based on existing APF resources.
Specifically, the consultant will:
- Design and develop an overarching learning programme comprised of online self-facilitated courses corresponding to the chapters in the APF manual and guideline on SOGISC including advising on content development for audio/visual materials.
- Develop summarised fact sheets based on the two main APF resources on SOGISC.
- Facilitation of the online course, through the APF Community platform, as well as remote Question and Answer sessions with course participants. The APF secretariat will support the consultant in facilitation of the course.
- Contribute to developing an engagement plan with participants in the course and develop a resource for NHRIs showcasing case studies of good practice on response to the impact of COVID-19 on LGBTI communities. In addition, contribute and provide advise to APF, towards presenting the findings of the engagement to the broader APF membership.
Qualifications, skills and experience
The Consultant will have demonstrated experience and expertise in:
- Demonstrated high-level expertise in developing content and delivering capacity development programmes in relation to SOGISC,
- Strong understanding of adult-centred learning, creating learning environments, creating training modules and curriculum, including for online and remote learning and facilitation,
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in working with NHRIs, especially in the Asia Pacific region
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills including writing, working effectively to deliver outputs on time, flexible working approach and open to working in a complex environment with a small team.
Additionally, the Consultant will need to:
- Ensure content developed includes appropriate gender considerations throughout, including in delivery of course in accordance with APF Gender Mainstreaming Guidelines for Trainers,
- Act in a professional manner and adhere to the APF Code of Conduct, including any other relevant policies and guidelines.
Download the Request for Proposal.
Please email your quotation/proposal to Ms Aishath Fasoha (Faso), Manager of Gender and Pacific Programmes, email@example.com by 17:00 (AEST), 18 June 2021.
- LGBTQ+ flag - Photo Stock India on Shutterstock