APF seeking consultants to support the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission
The APF is seeking two consultants to support the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission; proposals due 18 April 2022.
Since 14 August 2021, the APF has worked closely with its member, the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC), initially to facilitate the safe departure of staff members and Commissioners from Afghanistan via evacuation flights, and since September 2021 on securing visas and safe from Afghanistan passage through Pakistan and Iran to resettlement countries for those colleagues who wish to leave.
It has also supported grant making for emergency financial needs for colleagues who have been living without income since July 2021.
The APF is seeking two consultants to assist with continued efforts to provide dedicated support to AIHRC staff and former staff in their attempts to depart Afghanistan using means that are as safe as possible, to support their applications for humanitarian and other visas to safe countries and to support measures to enhance the security and financial circumstances of those who either choose to stay in Afghanistan or who have been unable to leave.
The agreement will commence from mid-April 2022 to 31 December 2022.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The consultant will have demonstrated experience in:
- Organisational management, including human resources, financial and communications
- Knowledge of, and ability to communicate in Dari and/or Pasto
- Liaison with States for visas
- Facilitating exit/evacuation arrangements
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including understanding of secure communication channels
Additionally, the consultant will need to:
- Act in a professional manner and adhere to the APF Code of Conduct
- Work effectively and deliver outputs on time
- Be flexible and open to working in a complex environment with a small team
- Ideally have awareness of gender considerations when undertaking work
- Experience of working in the human rights sector is highly desirable
For more details, download the Request for Proposal here.
Please email your quotation/proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 (AEST), 18 April 2022.
- Afghanistan - Joel Heard on Unsplash