Proposals sought for APF Fundraising Consultant
Graphic: Participants at an APF workshop, Dili, Timor Leste
Experienced consultants are requested to submit their proposal by 1 October 2020.
A fundamental goal of the APF is to support the establishment of independent NHRIs in the region and to strengthen its members to do this work.
The APF also brings its members together, and build partnerships with others, to tackle some of the most serious and complex human rights challenges facing the region.
The APF's current Fundraising Strategy guides the fundraising work and development activities of the APF secretariat and is aligned and coordinated with the APF's priorities, goals and budgetary needs.
The strategy aims to increase and diversify its resource base and partnerships, in order to meet the needs and activities of the APF, in the implementation of its Strategic Plan (2015-2022).
Download the Request for Proposal from the APF website.
Key tasks of the Consultant include:
- Conduct an internal audit of the APF's current Fundraising Strategy to identify any gaps and provide recommendations to inform future implementation. Separate terms of reference will be established for the internal audit by the APF
- Using the findings and recommendations from the internal audit, revise/update the APF's current Fundraising Strategy, to extend implementation to 30 June 2022
- Establish a Work Plan to support and promote the strategy
- Prepare a new Case for Support, driving fundraising-oriented outreach
- Conduct research and advise on prospective partners
- Development of new fundraising materials, templates and messaging, including advice on optimising the APF's website and (new) social media platforms to connect with prospective partners
- Other development and fundraising responsibilities as necessary.
Qualifications, skills and experience
The Consultant will have demonstrated experience in:
- Prior experience working in fundraising and development, with at least 5 years of work experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Proven success in driving strategic growth and expansion, and managing diverse stakeholders and relationships
- Track record as both a strategic thinker and implementer, managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills; experience partnering with an executive team and experience in grant writing and promotional materials
- Knowledge and understanding of human rights, in particular the role and functions of NHRIs
The expected duration of the Agreement will be nine months, commencing from 1 October 2020 through to 30 June 2021.
The Request for Proposal has been widely advertised and proposals will be evaluated on both their assessed technical abilities to achieve the outcomes, and financial cost. Please refer to the evaluation criteria in the Terms of Reference for details.
Please email your quotation/proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 (AEST) on 1 October 2020.
- Participants at an APF workshop, Dili, Timor Leste - APF/Faso Aishath