Proposals sought for Communications Consultant
Graphic: Flags of Southeast Asia
Experienced consultants are requested to submit their proposal by 8 January 2021.
National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) are independent bodies with powers to investigate and report on human rights violations, to stand up for those in need of protection and to hold their governments to account.
APF's strategy focuses on building stronger NHRIs – including through bringing its members together, and building partnerships with others, to tackle some of the most serious and complex human rights challenges facing the region.
To contribute to this mission, APF will facilitate in bringing together representatives of intergovernmental mechanisms (IGMs) and NHRIs to enhance the effectiveness and engagement of intergovernmental mechanisms in South-East Asia and the Pacific to address key human rights issues.
APF will assist NHRIs to share their expertise and contribute to human rights-based policymaking and to establish and entrench a process for regular exchange on human rights issues between NHRIs and IGMs.
The overall objective of the project is to increase engagement of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) on human rights issues, in collaboration with NHRIs.
Scope of Engagement
To support the Project's various communications activities in the two sub-regions, the APF seeks an expert Communications Consultant. The consultancy is envisaged to provide support at numerous stages of the project life-cycle over 18 months, commencing from January 2021.
Download the Request for Proposal from the APF website.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The Consultant will have demonstrated experience and skills in the following:
- 5 years of proven experience in the field of communications with specific skills and practical experience in designing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent creative writing skills and creative approach to communications
- Ability to conceptualise and develop audio-visual media products
- Excellent computer skills and experience in preparing communication materials
- Proven experience as an editor
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills; experience partnering with an executive team
- Knowledge and understanding of human rights, in particular the role and functions of NHRIs
Additionally, the Consultant will need to:
- Act in a professional manner and adhere to the APF Code of Conduct, including any other relevant policies and guidelines
- Work effectively and deliver outputs on time
- Be flexible and open to working in a complex environment with a small team; and
- Have awareness of gender considerations when undertaking tasks.
Please email your quotation/proposal to email@example.com by 17:00 (AEST), 8 January 2021
- Flags of Southeast Asia - Thapakorn Hemgo