Proposals sought for a Digital Consultant
The APF is seeking a Digital Consultant for its Inter-Governmental Mechanisms (IGM) Project; submit proposals by 19 July 2021.
One of the core functions of the APF focuses on building stronger NHRIs, including through bringing its members together, and building partnerships with others, to tackle some of the most serious and complex human rights challenges facing the region.
The APF have embarked on a project to bring together representatives of inter-governmental mechanisms (IGMs) and NHRIs to build stronger and collaborative partnerships, and specifically the engagement of IGMs in South-East Asia and the Pacific sub-regions to address key human rights issues relating to the environment and climate change (the Project).
The APF will assist NHRIs to share their expertise and contribute to human rights-based policymaking and to establish and entrench a process for regular exchange on human rights issues between NHRIs and IGMs. The overall objective of the Project is to increase engagement of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) on human rights issues, in collaboration with NHRIs.
Download the Request for Proposal from the APF website.
Scope of Engagement
The APF is seeking a Digital Consultant to provide technology, strategy and maintenance support to the APF Community for the Project.
- The contracted consultant will, in close collaboration with the APF Secretariat, undertake the following specific tasks, in line with the Project objectives.
- Consult on and provide strategic input in the development and implementation of the blended learning courses and online Communities of Practice on the APF Community.
- Provide technical advice for the delivery of the two blended learning courses in EdApp, and the two Communities of Practice in Tribe.
- Provide technical maintenance support to the APF Community for the integration of systems required for the blended learning courses, online Communities of Practice and user experience improvements.
The agreement will commence from 1 August 2021 to 30 August 2022.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The consultant will have:
- Demonstrated experience in current technologies utilised by the APF:
- Knowledge and understanding of Learning Management Systems and shared collaboration spaces
- Demonstrated experience in User Experience design
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and business design
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Additionally, the consultant will need to demonstrate:
- Acting in a professional manner and adhere to the APF Code of Conduct
- Working effectively and deliver outputs on time
- Being flexible and open to working in a complex environment with a small team
- Ideally have knowledge of NHRIs
- Ideally have awareness of gender considerations when undertaking work
Please email your quotation/proposal to (email@example.com) by 17:00 (AEST), 19 July 2021.
- Philippines - Cassi Gurell on Flickr CC