Request for Proposal: Capacity development programme on Human Rights Defenders
Experienced consultants are requested to submit their proposal by 2 March 2021.
The APF is seeking the expertise of a consultant to develop and deliver a capacity development programme for NHRI staff on Human Rights Defenders (HRDs).
One of the key functions of the APF is to support and build stronger National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) in the Asia Pacific region.
The APF works with members on capacity development activities and programmes, including developing a range of training and resource materials and packages available to our members.
Scope of engagement
The consultant, in close collaboration with the APF secretariat, will work to design, produce and deliver a capacity development programme for NHRI staff on the promotion and protection of HRDs and the implementation of the APF's Regional Action Plan on Human Rights Defenders.
This will include producing suitable content to be delivered in the APF Community, an online learning and collaboration space.
Download the Request for Proposal from the APF website.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The consultant will have demonstrated experience in:
- Demonstrated high-level expertise in designing and developing content and delivering capacity development activities on HRDs
- Demonstrated expertise and experience working on or with HRDs in the Asia Pacific region and internationally
- Keen understanding and experience working with NHRIs in the Asia Pacific region, and their HRD activities
- Strong understanding of adult-centred learning, creating learning environments, creating training modules and curriculum, including for online and remote learning and facilitation
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills including writing.
Additionally, the Consultant will need to:
- Act in a professional manner and adhere to the APF Code of Conduct, including any other relevant policies and guidelines
- Work effectively and deliver outputs on time
- Be flexible and open to working in a complex environment with a small team
- Have awareness of gender considerations when undertaking tasks.
The agreement will commence from 5 March 2021 to 30 June 2021.
This quotation/proposal has been requested from at least 3 service providers and quotations/proposals will be evaluated on both their assessed technical abilities to achieve the outcomes and cost. Please refer to the evaluation criteria in the Terms of Reference for details.
For a copy of the Regional Action Plan on Human Rights Defenders, please contact Kate Turner-Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your quotation/proposal to email@example.com by 17:00 (AEST) on 2 March 2021.
- Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines