Defending online freedoms: human rights in the digital era
The APF, in partnership with the Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR), will launch a new online data collection tool to support Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) in the Asia Pacific region, at a virtual event on 7 December 2023.
The event, ‘Defending online freedoms: human rights in the digital era’ will also feature the release of a comprehensive report by the APF in collaboration with Asia Centre: 'Digital Security & Human Rights Defenders Landscape: Recommendations for National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) in the Asia Pacific.'
This report examines how NHRIs are safeguarding the rights of HRDs against digital security threats, highlighting the imperative for these institutions to enhance their monitoring and reporting capabilities.
Additionally, the report provides actionable recommendations for NHRIs to amplify their support for HRDs engaged in human rights advocacy.
- Mary Aileen Bacalso, Executive Director, Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA)
- James Gomez, Director, Asia Centre
- Dondov Sangisharav, HRDs Commissioner, National Human Rights Commission of Mongolia
- Carol Rask, Chief Advisor, Danish Institute for Human Rights
- Atnike Nova Sigiro, Chairperson, KOMNAS HAM Indonesia
- Fatia Maulidiyanti, Woman HRDs and former coordinator of The Commission for Disappeared and Victims of Violence (KontraS)
Download the Agenda here.
For further information, please contact Fia Hamid-Walker, APF Human Rights Defenders Project Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org