APF seeking EdApp content author
Graphic: EdApp on mobile phone
The APF is seeking a consultant to author online learning courses through EdApp for upcoming capacity development courses.
A fundamental goal of the APF is to support the establishment of independent national human rights institutions (NHRIs) in the region and to strengthen members to implement their mandate to promote and protect human rights. We also bring our members together, and build partnerships with others, in order to tackle some of the most serious and complex human rights challenges facing our region.
To contribute to this goal, the APF has established a capacity development strategy which includes approaches such as facilitated and self-facilitated learning courses, networking, mentoring, and coaching and the provision of online spaces for NHRI-to-NHRI collaboration. Last year, the APF developed the APF Community, a platform to deliver this strategy that integrates a learning section, a community space and a resource library. EdApp is the technology behind the learning space, and through this, the APF has been able to create learning courses designed to be completed on mobile devices in formats best suited to adult learners.
To continue to offer members opportunities to learn in the APF Community, the APF is seeking a consult to author online learning courses through EdApp for upcoming capacity development courses.
Download the Request for Proposal from the APF website.
Scope of Engagement
The APF are seeking consultancy expertise to work collaboratively with the APF representatives to author content on the APF’s EdApp platform for the following capacity development courses:
- Monitoring elections for NHRIs
- Human Rights and Humanitarian action
- Prevention of torture
- Gender mainstreaming for NHRIs
- Undertaking community consultations
- Complaints handling and investigations
- Human Rights Education methods.
The agreement will commence from 18 August 2021 to 30 June 2022.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Authoring learning content for online learning platforms, preferably for mobile led learning.
- Experience developing learning content for adult learners for online platforms,
- Excellent communication and writing skills,
- Ability to apply a gender lens to content authoring,
- Creating accessible content for all learning abilities and preferences,
- Understanding of NHRIs.
Additionally, the successful candidate will need to:
- Act in a professional manner and adhere to the APF Code of Conduct,
- Work effectively and deliver outputs on time,
- Be flexible and open to working in a complex environment with a small team,
- Have excellent attention to detail,
- Work to the APF style guide.
Please email your quotation/proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 (AEST), 16 August 2021.
- EdApp on mobile phone - APF